1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 3200 factory mods

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tim Lee, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Lee

Tim Lee Member

A buddy that has been out of trapshooting for a couple decades has a Rem 3200 UNmodified (no dot in the serial number) that needs a barrel selector. The gun shoots fine, it's just "stuck" in the bottom barrel 1st setting (which is fine for 99% of his shooting). A couple smiths have told him they cannot order parts for this gun unless it's 1st been returned to Remington for the mods. Anyone know exactly what the mods are and whether/what they charge for that service?

Thanks in advance,

-Tim

2. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Years ago Remington updated the forearm iron to make it stronger.
    Remington does not have any parts for these guns left.
    Laib's Gunsmithing has all of Remingtons factory parts.
    They can fix the problems you are having. Laibs has an ad in
    trap&Field magazine or just google the name.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is a link to Laib's web site. Call and talk to Pat. I've never seen anything but positive comments about Laib's on this forum. You will get the straight goods from them. Bill Malcolm

4. bobr

bobr Member

Please stop the myth that Remington has no parts for the 3200. As recently as last month I purchased parts directly from Remington for a 3200 and have done so in each of the most recent 5 or 6 years including new barrels. Not knocking Laibs because they do good work and have lots of parts also but so does Remington.

As for the barrel selector being lost or removed. If you look at where it is supposed to be attached simply turn the selector with a small screwdriver to switch barrels. I choose to remove the selector from all of my guns to avoid inadvertantly moving it to the center or SAFE position while shooting.

5. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

Cool Bobr, did you just call the customer hotline for repair/parts?
    I have never heard this before!

I thought Remington's dump of the 3200 was total!

Now if we could just get replacement parts for the brains of the idoits running Remington; maybe they would bring back the 3200!

6. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

Well Bobr, how did you do this. I went on the Rem parts section on there web page and everything right down to the box says N/A?

7. 333t

333t Member

The 2006 parts list from Remington lists a lot of parts for sale for the 3200 but the 3200 section of the 2007 parts list is darkened out and doesn't show prices. I would call Remington to find out if they still sell any parts.

Phil

8. bobr

bobr Member

I purchased the trigger and hammer spring parts from the Remington gunsmiths at the recent ATA Grand last month in Sparta. I also sent one of my receivers to them a couple of years ago and they fit a new set of barrels to it. I did affirm this via phone prior to sending the receiver. I have no doubt they can handle about anything for the 3200 in the way of updates and major repairs but if you want good turnaround on work you can't do yourself Laibs is the only way to go.

Bob Reis

9. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Try Numrich Gun Parts. www.e-gunparts.com/ They will have most parts for the 3200

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.