1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 31 guts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RayReys, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayReys

RayReys Member

Just thought I'd share some pics of what's become of my old mod 31 - here you go Ross!

Still thinking I might get her back in shooting order; we'll see where the road goes once I get some new parts and talk to a good smith. If not, at least I have parts for the other one;)

The guts:

[​IMG]

Trigger pt 1:

[​IMG]

Trigger pt 2:

[​IMG]

Breechblock:

[​IMG]

32" in front, 30" plain in back

[​IMG]

and another:

[​IMG]

Learned that I can adjust the barrel with the adjustment bushing, this gap was there when I got it:

[​IMG]

With her successor:

[​IMG]

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Very nice pictures. HMB

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Mine goes "click" but does not fire the shell. I guess I'll have to learn to work on it. Anyone recognize that symtom?

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Any of you guys have a real nice extra steel trigger guard or complete steel trigger assembly for a late series Remington model 31 12 gauge that you want to part with. Not interested in the aluminum trigger guard.

PM me if you have something you think I may be able to use.

Bob

5. RayReys

RayReys Member

Poster Ross might have one- good guy to talk and deal with and has a few parts

As for the click no boom; my uneducated guess would be the firing pin and or spring

Thanks hmb:)

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Eightbore: You have a PM. Ross

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a whole gun I'd sell for $500 plus shipping.

8. RayReys

RayReys Member

So here's another question for 31 gurus - I had always thought the primary differences between Mod 31 series guns was the trigger group...recently found out that barrels don't interchange between series...but didn't realize there was more to it than that!

I ordered some parts (breechbolt, carrier) and after a few minutes of trying to get things in the right places, I finally compared them:

Can anyone ID what series they belong to? My two 31s are both low 4 digit serials which puts them at the beginning of production, I think.

Carrier: the ordered part on left, my original on right.

[​IMG]

Breech bolt: original on left, ordered part on right. The side where the ejector slides thru is also slightly different.

[​IMG]

9. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I have an early 31. each time the action is cycled the safety engages. What should I look at first? Thanks for any help or suggestions...Larry Lockhart

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Ray: I do have that carrier (lifter) the one with holes not pins, will get it in the mail. From the pic I can't tell what the difference is between the bolts but do have other bolts will call you maybe we can get this straightened out. If not I will return your check as I don't cash checks until I know everything is good. Ross

11. RayReys

RayReys Member

Hi Ross - not a problem, thanks for all the help and parts- its been a big help in getting me motivated to get this 31 going again:)

Sent you a pm and will email some pics of the bolts by tonight(pst)

Thanks Ross and all!

12. RayReys

RayReys Member

Bueler?

So Ross and I have yet to figure out this bolt mystery - here's some more pics:

The darker bottomed bolt with the missing right side extractor is the one off my gun 2xxx

the other one is one of the ones Ross sent me - Hoping one of you M31 owners/collectors can take a look :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington model 31 aluminum trigger guard

remington model 31 tc trap aluminum trigger guard