1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 vs. Benelli Supersport

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zaleski99, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaleski99

zaleski99 TS Member

I need some advice. I have a Benelli Supersport. Here are the things I like about it: synthetic Comfortech stock, ported 30" barrels, choice of three gel pad comb inserts, very easy to clean. Here's what I don't like about: standard rib, very light gun, and the worst of all my average for trap is 15-16/25. Not good! I could get a Remington 1100 classic trap with 30" barrel, higher rib, recoil reduction system for the magazine tube, a Jack West adjustable comb stock and a 26" barrel for skeet and sporting clays. Here's the way I am looking at this, the SS is not a trap gun where the 1100 is. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Joe, Phila, PA

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

The Benelli Supersport is fine for skeet or sporting clays, but is too light and not suited for Trap, for my taste you would be better served with a 1100 or 11-87 trap gun.

Berettaman7

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I have 5 1100/1187`s and two SS benelli`s. I use the benelli for SC`s. The benelli in my book is a superior gun. One of the few auto`s that can easily shot after month`s of OU`s only. The trigger is smooth and recoil acceptable. By contrast the remington`s feel like thrashing machines when you start shooting them again. But after a while you don`t notice it. The triggers on the remington`s leave a LOT to be desired. Cleaning is NO comparison. You can clean 3 benelli`s before you can finish one 1100. I only shoot trap occasionally so my observations are skeet,5 stand and SC based. Don`t get me wrong. Both good guns but very different. If you plan to sell the benelli I have a friend who currently is in the market for one. cbxchris@northstate.net

4. zaleski99

zaleski99 TS Member

I agree with Berettaman7. The SS just is not a trap gun. I am seriously looking at my options.

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I have shot most models of Benelli and Beretta semi autos made between 1980 and 2000.

I have yet to put my 1100 aside to purchase one from either.

The "Eurautos" are all fly weights with poor second shot recovery for doubles and lack "follow through" in singles.

They are no more easier to clean and care for than 1100s

Granted they do seem a bit better finished and polished internally, but still inferior to the 1100 for overall "shootability"

JMO

6. bwhited

bwhited TS Member

If it is what you want I can make you a deal on a used 1100 competition.
    It is in great condition.

bwhited@pacbell.net

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Doesn't the Benelli have shims to adjust the stock for different POI? Mine does. I do use my Benelli for Sporting Clays only. We need a combo of both: The Benelli Interta driven system in the Rem 1100. Dave T.

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Elastic band works for me. Dave T.

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I would contact bwhited or look for a used original 1100 trap. Their not that bad to clean, and very soft shooting. I've got one too, but not really sure I want to sell it.

10. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Benelli is recoil operated. The others 1100, 1187, 303, 390, 391, Gold are gas operated. The gas operation spreads the recoil force over a longer period of time. The Benelli by nature of recoil operation is more reliable. It is great for ducks, geese. swat teams etc.... They are too light and too low stocked for serious trap. My vote would be Beretta 391 trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 sporting v benelli

benelli cordoba vs remington 1100 skeet

benelli or remington 1100

benelli sport vs remington 1100

benelli supersport foruns

benelli supersport vs remington 1187

benelli vs remington 1100

rem 1100 vs benelli-recoil