1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem. 1100 trigger w Timney Speed lock hammer

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hill topper, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

Have for sale a Rem. pull trigger assembly with a Timney Speedlock hammer installed.

The hammer rests in the cocked position about a third of the way forward in its travel path, as opposed to the normal Rem. hammer.

This lessens how far the hammer has to travel and speeds up the lock time.

I bought this assembly years ago at the Grand and installed it in a ll00 that I had built up. I did notice that I seemed to take fewer pieces off the back end of targets than I had previously.

I have sold the 1100 and have not current use for the trigger assembly.
    I want to be clear, this is not a complete Timney trigger assembly.
    It is a standard Rem. assembly with the Timney Speedlock hammer.

This triger assembly makes the 1100 a single shooter.

I showed the trigger to Stu Wright, Tues at the Grand and asked him what I actually had as I did not want to misrepresent it.

I don't have any pictures at present.

Please PM me if you are interested. The trigger was working when I removed it from the gun.

The price is $125.00 plus shipping, for a piece of history.

ed

2. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 94.1%
    17   1   0

PM sent.

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

4. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Why is this a single shot? I've used the speedlock hammer on 1100 triggers in the past and they operated the same as the regular triggers.

6. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

dickgtax,

It has been quite some time since I shot the 1100 with the speedlock hammer and it is my recollection that it only functioned at a single shot.

I may be mistaken, and I have sold the 1100 so can not confirm if I am mistaken or not.

I figured it was because the hammer was in about a 3.00 oclock position when it was cocked.

you have gotten me wondering .

ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

timmey speedlock trigger