1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 Trap-T?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I'm not much into auto's but have the opportunity to buy an 1100 Trap-T very reasonably ($NZ500...about $US350) to have as a back-up or a 'loaner' since my gun has a l/h PFS. What does the "T" stand for, and what should I look-out for on this model? Thanks in advance-Graham.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Tournament!!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That's a very good price for a T grade.

Check in the barrel tang where the locking lug seats, and you can get an estimate of how much the gun has been shot. If the recess is crisply defined it's a low milage gun.

HM

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I saw what Graham is paying for the 1100 T. I have been looking at one with a Fagan custom stock and an extra trigger set. (low mileage with extra choke tubes and soft case) Is it worth $700 in "good" condition?
    Thanks.
    Dave

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

1100TTs never came with choke tubes from Remington and their original step-rib full-choke barrels are a considerable part of their resale value potential. $700 is about all I'd want to pay for a mint-condition unaltered TT but it might be too much for one with an altered or lesser factory barrel. The lack of an original stock would no doubt be important to anyone paying top dollar for one.

Modified guns rarely command the resale value of all-original ones.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.