1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem. 1100 trap stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smok'n Joe, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

What I suggest is having an adjustable comb installed. Tron will be more than happy to do an install for you. His work is great and it will be back in your hands in no time. The adjustable comb will ADD to the value of your gun when it comes time to sell it. Besides that, when you step back to handicap, you may find that your POI is a little low and with the adjustable comb you'll be able to adjust accordingly.

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

i have a straight trap stock they are lower,and much more friendly to your cheek,let me see if i can find it

3. revbook

revbook Member

Smok'n Joe, The comb is too high now, adding an adjustable comb would make it higher yet!

vdt, Thanks for the reply....let me know if you find the stock.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Joe ain't smokin, he's right even if you do have to put up with the Tronster.:)

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rev,

Just let TRON know what you want your drop at comb to be...he'll get it right where you want it...no big deal on a new installation. If your 1100 is new you'll want to use the same wood rather than replace it.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

OR.... Just move the back bead forward so you get your fig 8. This is what i do in addition to other things in order to get the impact I like. how do you like the impact the way it is? It should shoot a little higher after you move the bead forward. If it turns out that is too high you can get a larger front bead and that will may the impact a little lower.

This concept is more then many on here can deal with but I assure you it works. Jeff

7. archangel

archangel Member

If you want to dispose of your mc stock I would be interested in buying it. Mike

8. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

VDT,

If Don is not interested in your straight trap stock, I am.

Thanks,

Chris

9. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Why is it necessary to get a figure 8 view?

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Quit worrying about a figure 8. That's a trapshooting myth. With my gun, I see a lot of rib between the beads.

Shoot the gun. If it shoots too high for you, now that's a different story.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Remington 1100 and 1187 straight comb and monte carlo comb trap stocks have the comb at the same exact level relative to the rib. The difference between the two stocks is ONLY in the drop of the butt.

The straight comb stock is better suited for those with shorter necks or less height between their eyes and shoulder pocket.

The monte carlo is better for those with long necks or a longer height between shoulder pocket and eyes.

Switching one for the other is not going to gain anything for point of impact.

Frankly, my advice is to ignore the rear bead. If the gun fits you and shoots where you are looking, who cares?

If you really insist on getting the beads to line up in a figure eight, then you probably need to install a field or skeet stock. But that will also make the POA/POI 50/50 or even worse like 40/60, whereas with a trap stock it's typically 60/40.

12. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Leave the wood as is and add a Hastings High Rib trap Barrel, then sell the stock barrel to help pay for the Hastings.
    sarge75x_2008_1004.jpg

13. wlc

wlc Member

When 1100's were common on the skeet fields, It was common practice to customize stock fit by bending the spring tube and refitting the face of the stock. I suppose there is a chance of damaging the spring tube when bending it, but I've seen many of them done with no problems. That's a no cost way of dealing with the problem. An Adjustable comb is probably a better way to go since you may decide that you want it to shoot higher eventually.

14. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Don:
    Keep the stock that you have. Take your stock off the gun and lift the metal plate that the stock and plate attach to the receiver of the gun. Get a box top from an empty shell box and trace the top part of the plate on to the cardboard and cut the traced part out and place the cut out piece of card board behind the metal plate. What this does is tilt your stock down or lowers the stock so you can get the desired sight picture you are looking for. If the stock is still not low enough for you, trace another piece of cardboard and add a second piece behind the metal plate. Shooters have been doing this for years and it works. Yes, Remington makes different type stocks, but they are expensive. Field gun stocks are usually to low for trapshooting. You might be able to place a 20 gauge stock on your 12 ga, but it would not fit properly. Try what I recommended first, it will save you time and money. If you have the money, Tron is the man on this site to have an adjustable stock made for you. He does great work and is one of the nicest guys on this site. He's one of the good guys. Should you have any further questions PM me.
    Steve Balistreri

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tron does very nice work and is a regular contributor (and occasional troll, fisherman, and boater) here on trapshooters.com

16. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If that doesn't work out or if you want an 1100 trap set both forearm and straight stock, nice wood I have one as new I might consider letting go or trading? Good luck Jim W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 trap stock
rem 1100 adjustable trap stocks
rem 1100 trap stock
remington 1100 adjustable trap stock
remington 1100 tournament trap straight stock

remington 1100 trap stock

remington 1100 trap stocks