1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

How do you remove the stock on a 1100

2. Erik W

Erik W Member

Easy now. He might be wondering about the beautiful 1100 trap stock I have on eBay now. Remove butplate or pad. Shine flash light into big hole and look for long shafted large screw driver. Might be hard to loosen if first time off, so use blade that fills slot.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Inorder to keep the screw driver centered in the slot, wrap the blade with masking tape so it just fits into the stock. HMB

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A + style tire iron with the "screwdriver" blade on it works well to get the special slotted nut off and on.

5. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

drhuner thanks for the smart ass remarks. Ijust was having ahard time getting the nut to turn and just wanted a little help .It is people like you that i cant stand.Somebody needs a litte help and you smart off thank you.

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

nailer; purchase the proper tool from Brownells. It will save you much grief, and perhaps a damaged stock.

7. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Ok thanks to the ones that helped i got it.Now my daugter can in joy it with the short stock.

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Mr Huner ... what if your a left handed person? Would it then be Lefty Tighty and Righty Lucy?

Seriously though I once could not figure how to get a stock off a gun and decided to just cut it off but the problem I had was the saw would not cut threw the stock ... it hit some metal rod or plug in the stock and to this day I am still wondering how to get that stock off.

Does anyone know how to remove a stock from a Remington 11-87?

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Should I remove the recoil pad first to prevent any of them nasty carcegenicidalistic things excaping into the atomizersphere and endangering our planet and our future generations?

10. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Yes please remove the recoil pad first, we surly dont want to mess up the atmosphere, but you can leave the Gracoil or Rad system on it, and buy a bag of marshmellows and put them on you cleaning rod, this method of stock removal has a lot of benefits.

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

FlaGarto- No you're not getting old....just the smart-a55 answers are getting old. Take care. You going to make it up to the Ohio State shoot?

Sincerely,

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. Joe H

Joe H TS Member

nailer123,

Send me your email address and i can send you some notes that were posted on here years ago, about the 1100 disasembly.

It's in Word format, but I can convert it to a pdf file.

Drop the x's in email address.

Joe H

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

One thing that I like to do with my Remington guns is replace the stock bolt with one that has a torx head. I get these from a local machine shop for about $2 each. Really helps with assembly/dissasembly and you can properly torque the bolt every time.

The only fault I can see with Nailers original question is that it violates the 'man law' of not asking for directions. A real man would just blunder his way through it and damage stuff. Seriously this forum is supposed to be about sharing our knowledge. Help a guy when he asks for help.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No I wasn't headed to a personal attack, more of a reflection on the way guys are. 'Man Laws' are a way of laughing at ourselves, not actual lifestyle guidlines.

15. WarEagle2017

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Someone has damp trousers

HM

17. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Nailer, I just had to remove my 1100 buttstock, and it took some torque to get the attachment device loose. It is more like a nut with a slot in the end for a flat blade screwdriver. There was also a lock washer and a flat washer with two "dimples" or "prongs" projecting off of it. I found out the "dimples" face toward the wood part of the buttstock and the lockwasher went on top of that, then the nut. I put the flat washer in upside-down the first time and the buttstock loosened up. I took it apart and flipped over the flat washer and now it seems to be fine. Sometimes things aren't as simple as they seem.

18. WarEagle2017

Nailer here is how I shoot ( sometimes )
    2008 PENNSYLVANIA STATE SHOOT

2008 PENNS A STATE SHOOT

EVENT # 17 - SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP

NON-RESIDENT CLASS B WINNER ANDREWLESKI ANTHON PASADENA MD 198

HALL OF FAME CLASS B ANDREWLESKI ANTHON PASADENA MD 198

19. WarEagle2017

And Nailer you can look for my picture in the next Trap & Field Mag, then you can cut it out and use it to pattern you 1100 with,, then you will feel a lot better.. Seriously I do wish you and your Daughter the best of Luck with you shooting, I just like to get People going once in a while, Sorry if I really offened you, I am just the type of guy that likes to pull someones chain once in a while, because I have mine pulled quite a bit..

20. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

drhuner nice shooting no hard feeling .When i was taking the stock off i had a kid that was ready to shoot and you no kids can't wait. But we got the new stock on and she is happy. Now i have 2 girls shooting can you loan me some money lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.