1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 step target barrel and custom high rib

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by turmite, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

I have a 28" Rem 1100 Target Step rib barrel. It uses standard Rem screw in chokes. It has some blueing rubbed off where the tang goes into the reciever, and has a small amount of surface rust. I have oiled it a couple of times but you can still feel the spots of rust. It does not have a center rib.....I lost it! I would rate the condition of the barrel 90%. I want $250 for it and it will come with a modified choke.

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/turmite/?action=view&current=stuff007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/turmite/?action=view&current=stuff011.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Second item is a custom high rib I had made for a standard rib 28" 1100 barrel. It is made from aluminum. The slots match a factory 1100 sporting barrel with std rib, but this could also be mounted on this step rib barrel by making one minor machine cut at the back of the rib. I gave $150 to have this machined as a prototype only to find out the my grandson's coach doesn't want his students shooting high ribs. I will take $100 for this rib. No mounting holes have been drilled yet.

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/turmite/?action=view┬Ąt=stuff004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Mike

edited to change pics of the barrel. MIA correctly let me know I had inadvertly protographed and displayed the std barrel.....thanks MIA

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Step? I have not seen a 28" target step wiht chokes. I cannot see it in the photo. Perhaps you can take a close-up for all us non-believers

3. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Thanks MIA,

I knew I felt weird all day yesterday and that just proved it. I had photographed the wrong barrel and posted it! I have corrected the original post to show the step and the ejection stud.

Sorry about that.

Mike

4. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

0   0   0

I would like to buy the rib, please email or PM me as to where I can send a check. Also a total w/shipping to 19804 would be appreciated.

Thank you

Big Dave Borecki

6. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Big Dave and email has been sent. Thank you for the purchase.

Mike

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Turmite does not need the applause, but he has a terrific item here fo ryou 1100 shooters. th e28" bbl is mucho versatile. A shorter bbl often equates to longer singles scores. Not to mention a mod in this bbl will be a terrific doubles setup

8. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Thanks MIA,

The thing is, I am selling this to help my grandson. He currently shoots an 1100, but his coach wants him to learn to shoot a flat shooting gun due to the current situation here in Arkansas with the AYSSP getting involved with USA Shooting. I plan to get him a Jack West stock with this, and put the little extra toward a recoil reducer system.

I would also be open to a trade+ for the Jack West, but the lop will have to be correct.

Mike

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Just to let you know a high rib has nothing to do with whether the gun shoots flat or high or low. You could have a foot tall rib and have it set to shoot flat.

The International shooters usually have low ribs because the use a completely different style than most American trap shooters. They really crouch aggressive with bent knees and crawl the stock. So a flat rib suits this kind of style.

I think Ayssp is making a big mistake trying to get involved with US Shooting too, most of the kids are not going that way and in my opinion it would be better for the program to stick with American Trap. Just keep it simple, one discipline. From what I've seen they brought in a coach that must have been geared more toward International which didn't seem to be what all of the regular American trap shooters needed. His name has been spoken on here so I won't say more.

There is only one Bunker trap in AR and it is privately owned and not open to others.

10. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Hi Silverbulletexpress,

Naw, I know the between the flat gun, and the percentage guns. The reason I had the rib made is because I though it was more comfortable to shoot with the head a little higher, but like you said, the bunker folks have a different stance..to some degree.

I don't really want to get into whether or not AYSSP is doing things right or wrong, but they did not bring in a coach. They have invited Marvin Spinks as well as two other international coaches, one of which is a lady from Tenn who is also a level 5 coach to give clinics, as well as hold coaching training. I have been to the coachs training as well as the clinics, or at least some of them, and I can assure you they did not stress anything but keep your head on the gun and see the bird! That just almost sounds like universal advice! As far as keeping one program, we had some of our youth do very well at Sparta this year as well as at Colorado Springs. Bill Roy told our State Director that we should be very proud of how far and fast the youngsters have advanced.

What many people don't understand about AYSSP is that it was not concieved as a training ground for any particular program. It was developed to get young men and women out from in front of the video games and into the out of doors. My grandson is chomping at the bits to go dove hunting. I had hoped to take him in the morning, but so far it doesn't look like that is going to take place,and he is not going to be a happy camper. That actually makes me happy because I would far father have him in the field or on the field than playing video games, or running with the wrong crowd.

As far as the comment about the coach goes, the proof is in the pudding as they say. We saw more improvement in 6 hrs of training with our youth than we had seen in six weeks!

Mike

11. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Barrel reduced to $225.

Mike

12. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

0   0   0

Wow I wish this was a 870, have a 30" mod on 1100 trap t, Best shooting gun made. All over the 870 trap. I believe it has to be the barrel.I pass this info on to my friends.
    RailRoad

13. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

I will reduce the price of the barrel to $175 plus shipping, but that will not include the choke. It uses std Remchokes.

Going once!

Mike

14. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I'll do this one more time. This is a singles and doubles MACHINE! even with the Rem chokes. An item you will see but once on the forum.

15. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Thanks MIA,

I not going to try this much longer. Last year you couldn't find these barrels, now....well!

Going twice!

Mike

16. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Turmite. It is October. Jan and Feb these will go. $175 is a cool price especially fo r some SCTP shooter. Don't give it away.

jack

17. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Jack thanks for you help. My problem is, I had intended to get $250 for this, spend $150 at BumpBusters for a Jack West, put the extra towards the recoil reducer. Our season starts in Feb, and I had wanted to get the stock fitted, painted and have time to shoot some before the weather gets too cold. Right now I would just settle for the Jack West.

Mike

18. THB

THB TS Member

0   0   0

Mike, will offer $150. for barrel without mod. choke, if interested E-mailed me.

Terry

19. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Sorry Terry,

I have cut it as low as it can go. I have a sale pending funds anyway.

Thanks for the offer.

Mike

20. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

If it doesn't sell I would like to see a picture of the muzzle. Did it come with remchokes or were they added later? I've never seen one of these barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 target barrel

remington 1100 target stepped barrel