1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 S/Catcher

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NewTrap, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewTrap

NewTrap TS Member

I was wondering who has or had a catcher for the 1100.. i have the sportsmen model and the one from TS company will not work.. have heard of the rubber band trick..but would like one that looks better then that...any info would help ..Thanks for your time.. Don

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The TS shell catcher should work on a 1100. All of the recievers are the same.

3. NewTrap

NewTrap TS Member

this was what they say...i just thought they would not work http://www.tandsshellcatcher.com/prod04.htm

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

You can drill the barrel tang and insert a wire. Any competent gunsmith can do this for you in a matter of a few minutes. Piano wire of about .055" is about right.

The question is if you have the "Sporting" (Clays) or "Sportsman" model. T&S seems to refer to the "Sporting Model", not the "Sportsman". You can call them or send an email and have them clarify the difference. I've not had many problems with the shell catchers on a variety of 1100s and 11-87s. My Classic Trap was the only one that had trouble. The bolt would not close with the "plastic" version. A slight modification and it worked like a charm. A little cloth tape on the backside of the shell catcher may help keep it from marring the blueing. The plastic ones are a little less troublesome in that regard.

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

the wire works great. not for use if you need to remove and reinswtall it on different stations. if you put it in and leave it in for a complete round it works great. but i would recommend something around .040. .050 might be a little heave to bend properly. motordoc

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I had the same situation with my 1100 Competition. For whatever reason, the op's handle is lower to the ejection port on it than any other 1100 I own. T&S makes two models of catcher for the 1100, one plastic, the other is metal.

You can do two different fixes. One, but the metal catcher and use it as-is. Or, you can take a knife blade and scrape off a bit of the edge of the plastic model. I've done both, and either works.

IME,
    Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.