1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 raised rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I am wanting to raise the rib on my Rem 1100. I checked out ADD-A-RIB and did not see anything for the Remington. Does anyone know where I might find a way to add a higher rib to my shotgun?

thanks,

JMAC

2. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Check out Bridgeshoot add-on ribs. Fits any guns. Easy 4 set screw install.
    Comes in 3 heights, 15mm, 25mm, 30mm.

Please see our ad in the Trapshooters Market Place.

Here's a picture of an 1100 with a 25mm mini-rib installed.

[​IMG]

Tomas

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Shooters here have been very pleased with Keensights ribs. You can get the
    exact rib you want -height, taper, etc. or an adjustable rib.

4. 682b

682b Member

I am very happy with my Keen high rib. The best part is it won't break the bank.
    Jim

5. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

Search for Adjust-a-rib on here. There was a post not too long ago advertising these for around $200 I believe, and I think they make it to order(height, length). I'm gonna look into one for my 870 here pretty soon. Would be better than just a fixed rib IMO, and cheap too!

6. Fre2fly

Fre2fly TS Member

Add a Rib and Adjust a Rib are the same I just received my 1100 one half inch high custom made to look like the Ceasar Gureni was under $200.

7. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

fre2fly- how do those mount to the existing rib exactly?

8. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I had Keensights put a rib on my 1100 and I couldn't be happier with the result. They attach the rib to the gun by using some kind of cement/glue plus the existing screw holes for the beads. They have done several ribs for different guns of mine and I have never had one come loose.

Ted K.

9. Fre2fly

Fre2fly TS Member

ZTWITHE install is with 3M double back tape very strong only way to remove it is with fishing line. The rib will be 3/8 so just a little wider than the stock. They will drill and tap for front bead there quality is excellent I was very happy with there rib.

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

3M nakes a double stick tape called VHB. It is stronger and adheres better than
    anything out there. Unless the tapes is already afixed to the rib, I would use
    Silicone Seal -clear or black. It adheres very well, doesn't add any height to
    the rib, and is easier to apply since you can position the rib before it sets, then clamp it or use rubber bands. It will not come loose, but it's not
    hard to remove the rib if you need to in the future, and the silicone is easy to clean off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

raised rib for 1100 remington trap gun