1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Does anyone know how to remove the front bead from a Rem 100 comp barrel? I want to attach a Hi-viz Pro-comp sight. does it screw out? or is it sweated in?

Thanks for your help

John

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Does anyone know how to remove the front bead from a Rem 100 comp barrel? I want to attach a Hi-viz Pro-comp sight. does it screw out? or is it sweated in?

Thanks for your help

John

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

mine was threaded in, normal threads. I used a small adjustable wrench and turned it out.

Kip

4. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Kip,

I didn't notice any little flat sides on the bead post to get ahold of. Did yours?

John

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Yes, mine did. It was the raised bead type just like on my Classic Trap. My Comp was one of the first in my area, 06 or '07 ? If you just have a round bead it's a crap shoot as to whether it's pressed in, or threaded.

I've had both on my Remington's. I purchased a bead wrench a long time ago from Brownell's to remove the threaded round beads. It looks like a pen with an adjustable collet on the end.

I purchased a pair of 870's for my son's and found that they had the pressed in beads which was a ribbed post inside a thin compressible sleeve. I could see the flange on the sleeve siting on top of the VR under the bead. Both the bead and pressed sleeve pulled out. I had to thread the resulting hole to put on sight-blinders for my boys - both cross dominate.

Good luck with your project.
    Kip

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Why remove the bead just put the Hi Viz in front of the bead then if you remove the hi viz you are back to square one. I use a magnetic hi viz bead and just put it behind the bead and use it on several guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.