1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rem 1100 matched pair value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by krony2, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krony2

krony2 Member

Any input on the value of a matched pair small gauge 1100's ? Blue book has it at $1250 @ 100%. Is the blue book in the ballpark or are they worth more? I've seen them listed on Gunsinternational, Gunbroker, etc. from $1300 to $2200 (unfired with presentation case) Thanks in advance.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

never shot and not messed up in any way they are worth 2000.00 and maybe a little more. They really are not that collectable but in unfired shape they are wporth a grand each just because the new ones cost that and the older models are generally thought to be better guns then the newer ones.

nSome guys will pick on the fixed skeet chokes but they are skeet shooters who will still shoot 1100's and lots of hunters that use skeet choke in the small bores. Jeff

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It has to have the certificate and the original green hard case.

If you carry them in that case, put a blanket around each barrel end so they do not scuff up the stock.

Don't ask me how I know this.

HM

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

They sold for $499.95 when they came out in the early 70's. A standard 1100 skeet which was about $175 back then is now about $900; so $2,000 sounds very reasonable.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They don't seem to bring ANY premium over a similarly conditioned std grade 1100 in the same gauge and specifications.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would price it at around 1500 if the case and papers were there, has to be in good shape with no nicks or scratches. These had very plain wood and when they took them off the line the serial numbers were random on all these pairs.

Less for usage wear, etc.

HM

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I will gladly give you the 1250 the blue book puts them at! Jeff

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I sold mine after 2 years of trying for $1,000 for the pair w/ case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.