1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 issue with 3 dram loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MikeInNPR, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

Hopefully someone can comment on what may be causing an issue with shooting 3 Dram loads in my Rem 1100. What happens is that once the shell is fired/ejected the bolt does not lock in the open position. The magazine tube and gas ports have all been inspected and cleaned. The bolt locks properly with 2 3/4 dram shells.
    This is an older model 1100, manufactured around 1980. I'm thinking this may be an issue with an action spring losing strength over time but just not sure.
    Thanks for any help. Mike

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd replace the action spring whether or not thats the problem. I'd also check the trigger assy. for worn pins/holes and the "dog-ear" that locks the bolt back on opening too. It's been a long time since I fooled much with the 1100 though.

Hap

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Try a different brand of 3-dram loads. Or if you are reloading, use the same powder in your three-dram loads as your lights.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.