1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 Hastings Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Anthony12ga, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

I'm looking at buying a Hastings 30" barrel for my Rem 1100. The barrel states that it is for 3" shells. It's the Hastings Wadlock barrel with screw chokes. Will it fit a std 2 3/4" receiver and function fine with target shells?

Thanks

Mark

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Yes. Just check and make sure the gas ports are clear and the extractor goove lines up.

ss

3. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

Thanks SS,

So the only difference in a 2 3/4 inch barrel and a 3" barrel for an 1100(other than the chamber length) is the gas port size?

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I don't think Hastings made any 2 3/4" only wadlock barrels (these were field barrels). The only ones that were 2 3/4" only, were the target barrels.

Just don't plan on shooting any 3" shells from a standard receiver.

The reason why you should check the gas ports is they've been know to be clogged at times from the factory.

ss

5. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

What about factory 1100 barrels, any thing to prevent a 3" magnum barrel from

working on a non magnum receiver with 2 3/4" shells, other than the gas port?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 rem barrel question