1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 for doubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Jack, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I would like to try the old 1100 for doubles but the deflector button doesn't work for crap. I would hate to bomb the next couple of shooters with empties. Winchester once made a add-on metal deflector for their Super X 1 and it worked like a charm..Has anyone ever produced any such for a Remington?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Big Jack, are u using new shells, or reloads? My 1100 with the button works fine whth new hulls, but is kinda iffy while using hulls that have been reloaded multiple times. Just a thought.

3. Big Jack

If the empties landed that close I wouldn't be concerned. From station 2 they land almost in front of station four when I shoot a left target. The right one bounces into the station three shooter. Makes no difference factory or reloads & the button is full height.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Big Jack sounds like the button is in the wrong place.

Jim

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jack, you may need a new recoil spring. A new one may tame that flying hull some and then the knockdown pin may work better.....Bob Dodd

6. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I think Whiz White installs the knock down pin.

7. Big Jack

Bob, The gun has just been rebuilt, sandblasted & reblued, new bolt buffer & new springs throughout & if the button is in the wrong place, its been in the wrong place since 1975. I really never used it for doubles. Shot hdcp with it for awhile way back then. Changed the barrel to a 26" cyl bore & used it for hunting & skeet. This is the first time the full barrel has been on it in about 10 years. Ran into a release trigger and I just wanted to try a double release for a change. My regular doubles gun is set up release/pull & I'm too cheap to have that changed to a double release until I really must.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Inside the bolt surrounding the firing pin.

9. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

The deflectors need to be installed with attention to detail. Too short, and they don't deflect well. Too long, and they induce malfunctions.

Install them erring toward making them too long, then gently file dress so that the angle of the filing is on the side of the pin facing INSIDE the receiver. Just a few strokes at a time. Test by cycling empty or dummy shells
    and repeat until working just right.

It requires a little attention, that's all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.