1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 Classic Trap Problem, HELP!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Landshark, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Member

I went to shoot some trap the other day and grabbed my 1100 CT. Got to the club and when I pulled the bolt back, it would not go into battery. I took the trigger assy out and did an inspection and cleaned it. Got the trigger in and the bolt closed and the trigger would not fire. Pull the trigger back and nothing. I pulled the bolt back and it stuck again. I pulled the triger out and pulled the hammer back and it fired. Re-installed the trigger into th ereceiver and again nothing.

I got home and totally stripped the gun down and cleaned it. There were no broken or missing parts (I compared it to my 1100 Sporting). Re-assembled the gun and the same thing. Bolt comes back and pushing the silver button won't release the bolt. Pull the triller and the bolt slams into battery.

I have never seen an 1100 do this. This gun has less than 2000 rounds through it. Any ideas?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Put in the trigger from your other 1100 and see if the problem goes away. HMB

3. Landshark

Landshark Member

Thanks for the tip. I swapped out trigger groups with my 1100 Sporting and the same thing happened. I also tried a brand new older 1100 trigger and no dice.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Is the trigger assembly cocked prior to installation?

5. Landshark

Landshark Member

I'll try to install the trigger assy both ways. The feed latch is good and staked well. Thanks for the tips.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Take a look and make sure a peice of the forearm support hasn't broken off. I had one break and the little piece got wedged in somewhere and did something similar. Also, double check the link and recoil spring, follower, and tube.

7. kiot98

kiot98 TS Member

Double check the piston and seal are assembled in the correct direction. This prevented the bolt closing on my 1100 magnum.

8. Kildee

Kildee TS Member

Check the Breech Bolt Return Plunger on the rear of the Action Bar Assembly to see if it is operating correctly (push in and spring back out). I just had a 1100 come into the shop that was doing the same thing as your gun and the Bolt Return Plunger was broke off.

Also as Kiot98 said in the last post about the rings, even if they are correct, a build-up of carbon around the inside of the barrel lug will keep the barrel seal (O-ring) from seating and will not let the bolt fully close. This will not let the firing pin reach the primer.

If none of these ideas work, e-mail me and I will try to help you.

Tommy Barker
    TBarker Gunsmithing

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Ditto to KIOT98 it's a simple mistake to make!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.