1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 build date?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I picked up a 1100 in a pawn shop over the weekend and wondered if someone could help me to determine what the date of manufacture was. The serial number is L477745V. The gun cleans up pretty good but is around 85 PCT. I got it for $175.00 out the door so I know it was a good deal even at 85 Pct. I shot it today and shot a 22 the first round and then straight on the next two rounds. I think I'll keep it. LOL Jackie B.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

On the rear of the left side of the barrel will be a two-letter date code. That is the month and year the BARREL was made and as long as it is the original barrel for that gun, that will be within a month of two of the gun's build date. To translate that code, go to the Remington Historical Society's website (I believe that's the organization's correct name) - there is a chart there that can be downloaded and printed for future reference.

Ed

3. Shooting Jack

Thanks Ed, I will check it out. My guess would have been early 70's so I will find out how wrong I was. Jackie B.

4. Shooting Jack

Ed, thanks again for the information. It turned out that I wasn't that far off. It was built in November 1971. I might try to find me a 32 or 34 in barrel to stick on it and see how I do. LOL Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.