1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 1100 36in barrels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lowhioverall, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowhioverall

lowhioverall TS Member

Just bought another older 1100 that had 2 extra barrels - both 36 inches long. I didn't know Remmington made such things. Both are right hand and ribbed. The first one, on the left side of the barrel, is stamped *12 ga for 2 3/4 shells DUCK/GOOSE full. There is a metal front bead. The other barrel might have been for trap. On the left side is stamped *12 ga for 2 3/4 or shorter shells. On the other side is stamped four Remmington patent numbers. There is an ivory fromt bead and metal center bead and has a shell-deflector button on the barrel extension.

What's the story behind such barrles. Were such barrels used for trap? Would they have any special value?

Jan Cortright

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

Jan those barrels bring over 300 bucks each on E-Bay. They are 34 inch barrels. i could be wrong but I don't think they ever made them in 36. Jeff

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

What do you want for one of them?

Forrest

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Last one I sold on E-Bay brought $400. Jeff

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They were made for 870 also.

HM

6. lowhioverall

lowhioverall TS Member

Thanks for responses guys. Been out of town for a week. A little more information: The trap barrel is marked "trap full" and has two holes in the cylinder for gas operations. The duck/goose barrell has only one hole for gas operations. SuperXJeff - you're correct - both barrels measure 34 3/4 from muzzle to back of chamber. The duck/goose barrel is very thick. Put the trap barrell on my gun and took it to the gun club where it stood 6 inches taller than any of the other guns in the gun rack. It was funny and when I shot from the 22 yd line the muzzle was at the 21 and I was accused of sneaking in a yardage reduction. I am considering selling the duck/goose barrel. You'alls $ estimates are helpful but I saw a post dated 17 April by Sam (ATA Noobie) where a whole 1100 3in magnum was going for $400. That made the $400 for just a barrel seem high unless I missed the whole point of a long barrel (rarety/unique use)?). Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

36in barrels shooting