1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem. 11-87 barrel questions... need help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rookie tim, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

I have a Rem. 11-87 Premier Trap, would a 11-87 light contour barrel fit on this gun? It has a 30 inch 2 3/4 Target barrel on the gun that I believe came with the gun when it was new. I would like to get a 28 in. or 26 in. barrel to put on the gun to make it easier for my son to handle.

Any help would be appreciated,

Tim

2. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

Another question I have is, will a barrel that is 2 3/4 or 3 inch work on the gun I have, although the barrel on my gun only says 2 3/4 inch?

Thanks again,

Tim

3. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

Yes, it will work. I had a 1187 trap gun that I put a field barrel on and shot a lot of skeet and sporting clays. However I did not shoot any 3" shells.

Wayne

5. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

Thanks for the information Wayne. From what I understand, a light contour barrel will not work on my gun, but a standard contour in 2 3/4 or 2 /3/4 and 3 inch will work.
    John I would like to keep my 30 in. 2 3/4 in. target barrel for now. Thanks anyway.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.