1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloads at the 2011 Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

I haven't been on here much lately and may have missed imformation as to shell requirements at the Grand this year. Last year it was new shells for handicap events only. What's is going on this year as to shell requirements?

Sure would be more expensive if new shells were a requirement for all events and possibly reduce participation. Biff

2. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

A quick search of the program will get you the info you seek.

AMMUNITION
    Only 12-gauge and 20-gauge shotguns may be used in the competition. New shells are mandatory for all handicap events and handicap shoot-offs. Shooters will be able to bring their own shells (including reloads for single and double events) or may buy shells through Gamaliel Shooting Supply at the shell house at retail pricing. Empties will be available for sale. Details available at Member Services. The shell house will be closing at 6 p.m., so make sure that you get your shoot-off shells before 6 p.m. Violations of the shell standards as listed in the ATA rule book will be dealt with aggressively including possible long suspensions.

3. lju

lju Member

Biff, good to see you back on here again. Bring your quarters and look us up, the "Hammer" isn't going this year so we may stand a chance in the card games.

lju

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Out of curiosity when were 20 ga. allowed?

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

When the Scholastic program first started. Somewhere around 2002 or so. Many of the youth shooters were using 20ga. guns and the ATA accommodated that by changing the rules.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Were 20ga ever dis-allowed? I thought the rule said no shell/gun larger than 12ga.

7. biff

biff Active Member

Some shooters used a 20 gauge tube for their first shot of dbls, or so I heard and that was banned. Coulda caused some fireworks if dropped into a 12 gauge barrel and a 12 gauge shell fired in the same barrel.

lju, haven't been shooting much trap this year, been staying closer to home since I got married, I'm a newlywed you know! As far as quarters go, I've been stockpiling them since I fell in with a bunch of generous 22 rimfire shooters. Too bad "The Hammer" won't make it this year, if I can't make it to the Grand, could I just mail you Tonkers a check to cover my losses just as if I had been there!

I'm sure glad you can use reloads again this year, I may have to buy a set of tires for my Prevost! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.