1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloads across the border

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Above is a link to Joe Potosky's web site. There is lots of good information there for you.

What and where are you hunting? Limits are 200 rounds of hunting ammunition and 1500 rounds of target ammunition. To my knowledge reloads are not treated differently than new ammunition. Waterfowl is regulated by the Federal government and others are regulated by the Provinces. Waterfowl is non-toxic (no lead) only. Big game ammunition would be based on Provincial law. I am only aware that jacketed ammunition is not allowed.

Depending on what you are hunting and where, we can connect you with the right government to supply the correct information. I hope you have a great trip. Bill Malcolm

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Trappertom, You should have no problem with your reloads.Aren't Federal premiums as good as your reloads. You will run into a lot of rain/moisture, that would be my concern about reloads.Have a good trip, it's great country and there are a lot of good people up there,assuming you've done your homework on selecting an outfitter. Bob

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Reloads, no problem.

If flying you have to follow airline packaging guidlines. Just place the reloads in a approved container. Your airline will address packaging of ammunition on it's web site.

4. Beretta687EELL

Everything is expensive up there. If you fly, stay away from Air Canada as they are charging a $50 handling fee each way on firearms.

I have some friends that go up there every year. If you hit the migration ... wow, if you miss the migration ... you don't see anything. Make sure you have a reputable outfitter ... make sure you check them out, as some people have been very unhappy with their hunting experience in Northern Quebec.

I hope you have a great hunt. Bill Malcolm

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Bill;

Is the Air Canada fee just for intra flights (within Canada) and not for those flying in or out?

6. Beretta687EELL

Sorry Joe, off hand I can't answer your question. I will see if I can find out. Bill Malcolm

7. Beretta687EELL

The fee only applies to domestic (within Canada) flights as per their web site. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.