1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birddog1964, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Would like to know how many people use reclaimed shot, any thoughts?

thanks
    lee

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I would like to try some re-manufactured shot before I purchase a whole bag. Until then I do not.

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

We shoot it ALOT. For .60 a pound it is a wise choice when you have 3 people shooting. Plus, an occasional flyer really helps me at times! I have patterned reclaimed (cleaned, graphited myself) and the difference is not great.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Lee..... For what it's worth, I have shot several 100's in the singles with reclaimed shot with no problems at all. Also excellent for first shot on doubles... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I've gone through a couple of hundred pounds of it and still have about that much left. Can't tell a bit of difference from the 16 yd line.
    Mine did come to me very clean and graphited (if that's a word)

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I've never tried it myself. When I can find it available to me it is just not worth the small difference in price where I live. Then there's Murphy, just after I buy a large shipment, I find out someone has some to sell. LOL. As long as the shot is cleaned well, and new graphite mixed with the shot, I say go for it. Good Luck and Breake-em all. Jeff

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

A few years ago we bought 1/2 ton to split and I wish we bought 3 ton -- it was $39 per 100 lbs. I like the stuff if it`s cleaned properly and graphited . I too shot a few 100`s with it and also 1 with reclaimed wads and reclaimed shot so I can`t say anything bad about it . I`d like to get more at a decent price . It`s $90 per 100 local .

8. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i like to run it through my jim stewart black max after cleaning it up into ingots first,the stuff ive run across here is very dirty,have run 500 lbs reclaimed from howard twp c.c.,and ended up with over 50 lbs of dirt,no matter how well you wash it you never get it all,the only way to get it as clean as ill run through my p.w.800b is to re melt it,mark

9. citadel

citadel Active Member

I use it every day and if I point the gun in the right place it breaks everything, otherwise it does not. Fun aside it seems to work just fine for training and fun shoots but I use the new stuff for competition.
    doug

10. JRW

JRW Member

Trap2 Dan I have no doubt you have shot 100 straights with reclaim. My question is, the reclaim I have bought from 2 different sources in MI. have pellets larger than 7.5's. If ever checked at a registered shot what would the ruling be? Jerry in MI.

11. JRW

JRW Member

TTT

12. tdhrlyrydr

tdhrlyrydr TS Member

where can you get this stuff in s.e. penna.??? I would like to give it a try.

13. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

One reason I ask this question was I have never used it and was thinking about offering it to my customers as a service.

thanks
    lee

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If they cut open a factory shell.. what do you think you'll get???? I've seen everything from #6's on up... I often think when a manufacturer changes shot size.. they just add to the top of the hopper..and when number wise.. it should be in the fresh shot..it gets stamped as such..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.