1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cuky, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuky

Cuky Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I would like to ask if some one reload Estate SuperSport target shells. If so do you reload them using federal plastic gold medal data?I am using Clays powder and planing to try them. Thank You.
  2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Louisville, KY
    The Estate hull is the same hull as the Federal Top Gun hull and the Wally World Federal Field and Target hull. The only difference is the name on the hull.

These are straight walled hulls, as is the Federal Gold Medal plastic hull.

The proper wad column for this hull is the Federal (or clone) 12S0, 12S3 and 12S4 for 1 oz., 1 1/8 oz. and 1 1/4 oz. respectively.

Estate hulls may be reloaded using the same data as the Federal Gold Medal plastic hull as has been discussed many times on this site.

The reloading data may show use of other wads. The Federal wads are straight sided while many other wads are intended for tapered cases (like the Remington STS and Winchester AA) and are tapered to fit these hulls. They will work but may have sealing problems in cold weather.

Estate hulls have a steel head so your reloader will need to have a robust resizing station, especially if the hulls are to be used in different shotguns. The MEC Sizemaster, Grabber and 9000 series reloaders, which I use, have a very robust resizing station.

I prefer reloading the Federal Gold Medal hull which costs more but has a brass head. These resize easier and work better in my Remington 1100 and 11/87.

Ed Ward
  3. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Jul 19, 2007
    There is also data for the Top Gun and field load hulls at the Federal Ammo website.
  4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Hulls like Estate and Top Gun are engineered to survive 1 firing.

The base wads are brittle, rolled paper and the plastic is low-tech and prone to splitting.

There are many better candidates for reloading than these.

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I have had a problem with estates opening up after thev've been boxed.

Doug H.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

estate super sport reloading data