1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Use the MEC bushing/powder chart

2. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Unfortunately Extra-lite isn't listed on the MEC chart or the bushing charts at Alliant. You do have a powder scale, right Milt?

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

To get you close without using the loader<UL><li>set a piece of glass or something similar flat on the side of a book with a corner hanging over the edge of the book<LI>put the bushing on the glass and dribble powder into it until it's a little over-full<LI>strike off the excess power toward you with the edge of a credit card<LI>put your scale pan under the glass overhang and slide the bushing over the edge catching the powder in the pan to weigh it.</UL>

MK

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You could just as easily tape the bottom of a bushing and use it as a dipper... the little bit of powder that might adhere can be esimtated.

Jay

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

...then why even bother with a scale if you're going to guesstimate how much powder sticks to the tape and doesn't pour out of the bushing??

MK

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Depends on the lot.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Scale is your friend. Guessing is your undoing.

8. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I will let you know next week when my keg arrives!As stated above you should have a scale to verify the weight thrown.Sounds like you don't want to waste any extra money so you want a starting point.You could call or email Alliant and ask them to get you in the ball park.PJ

9. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

If you have a beam scale the use Unkowns suggestion, if you have electronic the just set the bushing on the scale and reset it to zero then add the powder to measure it.

Suggestions on electronic scales, compare them against a good beam scale to ensure accuracy. just my .02.

John MI

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

Use a scale...

And get the adjustable charge bar. I have one on all my Med presses and wouldn't be without it. I check it once in a while and it never changes. Really an essential (IMHO) addition to a MEC press.

cap

11. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Get a scale!!! the cheapest one is better than none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.