1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Winchester Super Target hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what type of wads should be used in a Winchester Super Target hull? I have been told they are a tapered hull and I've also been told they are a straight walled hull. I want to make sure I use the correct wad before I start reloading them. Bill Malcolm

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bill, I cut one open once and it looked just like thier normal Win. AA wad they use in their premium shells. Can't tell for sure by looking always, and it was several years ago that I did this. Maybe this helps. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. vdt

vdt Active Member

Bill i beleive they used the win red wad ,the wad most people used for 1 1/2 hunting loads ,i may have some how many do you need.....vdt

4. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Bill, I have reloaded a ton of these. Use the same wad as the AA........Roger

5. dave391

dave391 TS Member

I thought the Winchester Super Target hulls were the old paper hulls with the high base wad.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Daves right these hulls used the short red winchester wad.AA12R. These hulls were paper.

7. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Bill: I have loaded the super tagets the same as the AA's and they work fine. They don't seem to crush like the 8 point winchester shells.. Thank you again for loaning me your Kolar yesterday to finish my doubles. You were the first one there to help me Bill and I truly appreciate your kindness.. Ernie

8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information folks. I load AAs and Federal Papers and thought I would try these hulls for a one time load for doubles and see how they work.

FYI these shells compete against the Federal Top Guns and Remington Gun Club shells and have the steel base.

Ernie, you know you are always welcome to shoot the Kolar. Bill Malcolm

9. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

All the advice I've ever heard is to not waste your time reloading the cheapo Winchester Universal/Super Target hulls. The hull is flimsy, and there's a paper base wad that's more likely to go down your barrel than the plastic base wads in AAs that everyone is so scared of.

~Michael

10. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Super-target is a W-W name-brand. It has been produced in different flavors at differnt times. Each flavor has different reloading requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can you reload winchester super target hulls
reloading 20 gauge winchester super target hulls
reloading data for winchester super target hulls
reloading super target

reloading winchester super target hulls

winchester super target hulls
winchester super target load data
winchester super target reloading