1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Used Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrfelix, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrfelix

jrfelix TS Member

Jan 20, 2009
    So I have recently started reloading and just recently went out and shot some of my loads, which worked great! My buddy and I shot a couple boxes of 1 1/8 super x and estate shells. I was wondering if anyone had reloading data for those two shells as I thought I could get at least one more reload out of them. Thanks. Justin
  2. creteham

creteham Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Best place to get reloading info is from the powder manufacturers web sites. I think the current wisdom with the Estate hulls is to use Federal Gold Medal data. Don't think there are any reccomendations for the Super X's.

Here are a couple of web sites:

Good luck,

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998

I don't know about your el cheap Winchesters but Alliant Powder, makers of Red Dot, Green Dot, etc. dropped data for Estate type hulls from their on-line reloaders guide and from their most recent hard copy edition of that guide.

If you can borrow a slightly older Alliant Reloaders Guide, the data you're requesting is listed in the section described as "12-guage, 2 3/4 inch Fed. Hi Power Plastic Shells with Rolled Paper Base Wad".

This data is applicable for Estates with an internal paper base wad and for Federal Top Guns, aka Walmart Federals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.