1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Supplies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no rumors here, no reloading stuff either. South East massachusetts

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

California is hit and miss [kind of like my shooting]. Primers are available at some places in So. Cal., but expensive and powder is back ordered at many places and a waiting list. 700X seems available for the old timers who like that, but Red Dot, Green Dot, Clays and International are back logged at some places. Oak Tree Gun club seems to have powder and primers. Phillips has a waiting list. All have gone up in price. Lead is readily available with prices dropping. Fred

3. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Our club's wholesaler said the following is going on.

1. With the very large drop in shot prices and loaded shells staying sky high (Wally World - $6.00 for Universals and Gun Clubs) shooters are going back to reloading in droves. Also, sales of MEC reloaders are jumping much higher. Therefore, there are demands that are outrunning normal supplies in hulls, primers, powder (some like 700x) and shot.

2.Pistol and rifle primers are short due to a large jump in stocking-up by gun owners. This increase in demand has outstripped the normal manufacturing rate.

The government has nothing to do with it.

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

We have an extensive waiting list for many guns (Kimber, Judge, LCP, Ruger SP) and for primers of all sizes. We're pretty good on cast bullets but not exceptional, and really slow on getting ammo in popular sizes like all military calibers. I think if people were realistic they would buy five or so boxes of a caliber and not a whole case but we let people take what is on the shelf after waiting list orders are filled.

I'm glad I reload everything I use but the rimfires.

5. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

You guy make me happy to live in NeKansas everthing in stock, small rifle and pistol hit and miss limit of 500 primers other than that everything in stock.

6. olddrum1

olddrum1 TS Member

Emailed Rem, Win, and Fed. Two of the three told me that primer production right now was being directed to live rounds. Was told also that they were working at total capacity.

7. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Where in NeKansas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.