1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Supplies Stolen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was at one of my favorites shoots last night when an announcement was made to the shooters attending that someone stole shot and wads from one of our dearest and sincerest suppliers, 2 people saw the theives taking the merchandise.

They were told that they were observed and had an oppurtunity to make it right
    and make restitution and apology to the supplier.

If not their days of shooting at the club would be terminated and their identities would be made known so the word gets out.

Is this how your club would have handled it?

He always brought wads-primers-shot to the shoot for the shooters convenience, you could never find a nicer gentleman and a sincere friend of mine.

The club is the Athens Sportsmans Club near Athens Ohio.

This club is run by the shooters who the fishing members and bow hunters could care less about, the Gun Club actually supports the Sportsmans Club and they get the monies the gun club generates.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

No, I don't think it was handled correctly. A thief is a thief, and should be prosecuted. I'd turn the information over to law enforcement.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Burn their asses! I agree totally with Pocatello! Tom Rhoads

4. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I vote one for Pocatello Prosecute them. If it were a gun you would, and this a person who is doing something for the club and they are stelling from him.
    Pete

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Apology...are you kidding? Tar and feather the bastards!

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Gary,

Internet justice may work on slimy ATA bastards...but actual, documented criminals?

Call. The. Police.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Prosecute them as the thieves that they are and post the results . Years ago , a friend of mines wife worked at a local bank and for a few months was milking money from the poorest people making deposits . This was discovered and they kept it out of the papers and from the police if she would make restitutions back . Maybe the police knew but I wasn`t aware of it ? They were well known in a small town . God only knows if she got another job doing the same thing without anyone knowing of her theft ??

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

For once, I agree with all of above!.....Bob Dodd

9. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Whether it's reloading supplies, targets or pop money, stealing is stealing.
    I assume these are grown men were talking about not kids. If so they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I think I would hand them the bill for anything known missing for the last year or so. With full payment, expelled from the club,PERMENTLY, and their names disclosed to all. Without restitution, PROSECUTE!

Big Jack

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Our club would have called the police, or county sheriff...... Thats what we pay them for. Wayne

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

We had this happen at our club several years ago and one of the two has been on the All American team. We have had several on the A/A team so I don't want anyone to think of a name, because you'd be wrong.

I wanted the club to notify our state ATA delegate and the ATA offices in Vandalia. It was at our state shoot. They got into our storage building and tried to get away with a ton of once-fired hulls, but were caught.

Really said a lot about the one guy, who was always sort of a condescending jerk. I had him pegged from the get-go.

Nothing ever happened.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was thinking along the same lines as all of the above and even mentioned it to those in the know at the shoot last night.

Will see some of the members at tonites shoot, and pose the thoughts of all of the above to them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I would think that this is an attempt to smoke out the thieves. If the identities of the thieves were actually known and there were actual witnesses then it wouldn't be necessary to throw the matter in front of all to see. It would be a simple matter of confronting the guilty and giving the vendor the option of accepting the merchandise back or prosecuting the theft. Beyond that the board would need to discuss tossing the thieves out of the club but that too would not be something thrown out to the general membership to ponder.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, now.

We are talking about grown men here who should realize there are consequences.

1. callthme up in front of the Executive board. They can pay for the goods and quit the club forever quietly.

2. If they do not agree with that, call the Law to charge them,and bring suit to recover cost plus damages and fees in small claims court.

I saw a case where I worked once where a guy was allowed to quit after getting caught with a 2 dollar bag of Oil-Dri. Stupid idiot was a forklift driver with a crippled hand, and I don't know where he went after that.

HM

HM

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I would've called the sheriff on the spot and put a stop to that crap!! The Athens co. sheriffs dept. doesn't take kindly to thieves!!

Hap

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Prosecute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curt

18. drh08

drh08 TS Member

WOW that is a lot of burn them at the stake talking here. I am rather impressed with they way it was handled by the club. You have all the cards in your hand and to be honest it's much harder to face the person you were stealing from and apologize rather than get in a police car and be hauled away. I can only assume the people didn't leave the property with the merchandise which would make it a little hard to prove it's stealing rather than loading things up and just didn't get a chance to pay for them yet.

19. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Tie the shot to there feet and let them swim. One thing I can't stand is a liar and a thief if you have one you got the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

I believe I would have handled the situation just as the club did. I suppose I am a softie and I believe the thieves should be given a chance to rectify their wrong. Many years ago when I was in College, I did drive a few times after drinking a few beers. I was never caught doing that, but if I had been pulled, I would have been found guilty of a far more serious criminal act than the ones mentioned in this thread. How could I pass judgment on others when I have not been perfect.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.