1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading supplies price drop?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We just got our reloading supplies in from Gamiliel and was surprised at the prices. 8 lbs of Green Dot for $97.00. Five k of Cheddite primers for $104.00. Shot was as expected though at $38.00. This was quite a bit cheaper than the prices we got from the supplier we use sometimes in Carolina. Jackie B.

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Yeah it looks like the prices on Fed 209As are down as well both at Recobs and Gamiliel $132 and $136 per 5K.

--- Chip King ---

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I see Graf's had WW209's for $127 shipped, but their out of stock.

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

That is a great price I paid $169.99 at my local shop.

Bryan

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

If you look at Items on sale at some of the suppliers you see they always happen to be out of stock.

6. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

Does that price include the haz- mat and shipping cost? If it does then that is a good price

George Ware

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"If you look at Items on sale at some of the suppliers you see they always happen to be out of stock."</blockquote>Yeah... but the questions are: are they on sale because they're out of stock, are they out of stock because they're on sale and why do other people always seem to know about the sales before I do?

MK

8. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Well, I don't know about price drops. Just purchased supplies for the year from local vendor:

STS Mag. shot $37.25/bag
    Fed. 209A, Case $150
    Cheddite 209, Case $125
    Duster Wads (Clear) Case $88

No shipping chgs. or haz-mat but plus sales tax.

9. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

thanks for the heads up.. paid 190 tax included once for federal 209 last year at a shoot from gamiell, then 150 with tax later on in the year with gamiell.. guess the primer scare is over.

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Manufacturers have agreed to drop primer prices in response to higher lead prices. Stock up now-it's only temporary!!

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If they are out of stock, get a rain check. HMB

12. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Where did you hear this?

Bryan

13. chourico

chourico TS Member

I just went on gameliel site and i dont see any good deals!!!Cheddite primers-$110+25Hazmat+12shp=$147 no good deal there.My local store $130.Promo 8lb-$89.95+25+12=$126.95 no good deal there.My local store $85.The shipping makes all the deals go away not worth it!!!

14. oleolliedawg

Bryan, information came from ShotShow. It's good!!

15. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would have to guess top shelf primer sales are hurting big time since A LOT of people switched over to import primers...

16. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I don't understand this.

"Manufacturers have agreed to drop primer prices in response to higher lead prices."

17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"Manufacturers have agreed to drop primer prices in response to higher lead prices."

The only way I would believe this would be if any of the top shelf primer mfg (win, rem, fed) had any real stake in the reloaders shot market. Remington distributes a little, but its not much, and winchester and federal don't distribute any. Lawrence and Eagle are the heavy hitters, and neither have anything to do with anything but lead shot.

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Chourico, if it would make you feel any better I can show you a copy of the envoice where I purchased the items as listed and the prices direct from Gamaliel. If you got your head out of the clouds or where ever you have it you could simply ask how we got the stuff at that price. As stated we got our reloading supplies in, this is not a price list but the actual receipt for shipped items. We purchase our clay targets from them and they put our supplies on the same truck so we don't pay hazmat fees or shipping charges. Smart way to get our stuff at even better deals. Also clubs are given a discount. Hope this catches you up to where we're at. Jackie B.

PS. Guess you can tell I don't like being called a liar.

19. oleolliedawg

Well Mr skeet, if you don't believe me don't buy any. Maybe it's best to wait until they pay you to take them. My source is a major player on the component market and the info came from factory reps at the ShotShow. Maybe not the manufacturers real reason but the one they're giving-who cares-it ain't gonna last!!

20. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I don't understand this either.

"Well Mr skeet, if you don't believe me don't buy any. Maybe it's best to wait until they pay you to take them. My source is a major player on the component market and the info came from factory reps at the ShotShow. Maybe not the manufacturers real reason but the one they're giving-who cares-it ain't gonna last!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.