1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Supplies in PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gavin, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I'm traveling on route 81 south this Weds and am looking to buy some reloading supplies (duster wads, and some primers). What shops are near 81 that I could visit?
    thanks much
    Gavin

2. AlanM

AlanM Member

Look into Shyda's in Lebanon not far from 81 in the Harrisburg area.

Alan

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If you're coming from north of Harrisburg, exit I-81 South at the exit for "PA72, Lebanon" (just north of the I-81/I-78 junction), and Google or MapQuest Shyda's address from there - it's only about 20 minutes or so south of that exit. From Shyda's, you could take PA72 south a few miles to the PA Turnpike and follow it west to Carlisle, where you could get back on I-81 South. You probably would not add more than 20 miles to your trip compared to staying on I-81 South and skipping Shyda's. I don't know of any other well-stocked gun shops along your route.

See Jeff at Shyda's - he's a very good and knowledgeable trapshooter and will treat you right.

Ed

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Jeff at Shyda's is a good bet. Richland Shooters Supply is also nearby. Among others, they sell West Coast Magnum Shot, my fav.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Last time I was there, Shyda's didn't sell Dusters or DR and their primer limit was 3K.

MK

6. AveragEd

That could be. I don't shop there because there is a small shop very near my home that has almost anything I need in stock most of the time and his prices are the same or close enough to make a two-hour round trip to Shyda's senseless. But Shyda's is a good shop with a good staff.

I had forgotten about Richland Shooter's Supply. It's farther out of your way, however.

Ed

7. AveragEd

As a matter of fact, I am...

Ed

8. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

thanks guys. looks like a visit to Shyda's is in order.

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Was just there and they are not a Duster wad shop. Winchester, Remington, Claybuster and DR wads. If you have someone with you, both grab 3,000 primers each. They had all the populars on the shelf. Pretty stocked selection of powder also.

I'm kicking the idea of switching to Fiocchi 616 primers vs. the Win. 209's the nent time I need primers. Priced way less than the Wins.

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a stash of primers, Richland does not have a 3,000 primer limit. However, at both Shyda's and Richland you must call ahead to make sure they have what you want on hand. Then give them a credit card (Shyda's) or tell them to reserve it for you (Richland) so it will be there when you arrive.

If Shyda's is closer to you, call them and buy 3,000 of the primers you want and tell them to put it in Will Call. The do the same thing in a week or so until you accumulate the number of primers you need. Their powder supplies are almost back to normal, but will call what you want to be sure.

11. AveragEd

Spanky, what is Shyda's price on Remington 209s?

Ed

12. Unknown1

Shyda's Gun Shop - 717-273-6572

Remington 209 $33.95/K

Prices not posted because they change too often.

MK

13. AveragEd

Thanks for the update. I recently bought 5,000 Remington 209s from my small local shop for $154.75 ($30.95/K) and didn't have to worry with any quantity limits.

Ed

14. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I believe the Remingtons are $33.95 and the Winchesters I just bought are $32.95 / 1000.

The Fiocchis and Cheddites are $25.00 / 1000. I've picked some of these up by the 200-300 a few time just to try them out. I like them, no problems and seem to be alright. My buddy is just starting to reload and needs a trip to get his first batch of reloading supplies (ain't he in for a surprize) I'm going with him and I think I'm gonna get two bricks of Fiocchis and try them for a continual period of time. I know they will be fine. I just like the Winchesters and I am a creature of habit and don't like change.

In all my years of reloading I've never had a primer not go off. I've had factory shells new in the box (Reminghton & Winchester) that the primers did not light.

15. Unknown1

<I>"I recently bought 5,000 Remington 209s from my small local shop for $154.75 ($30.95/K)..."</I>

I'd expect that will change soon. The clerk I talked to on the phone at Shyda's said they sell out of primers fast and get small shipments regularly. He said the price to them has gone up with each shipment.

MK

16. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Go to CAC it is much better selection of products, and better prices.

17. Unknown1

<I>"Go to CAC it is much better selection of products, and better prices."</I>

Where do you think places like Shyda's get their inventory from?

Besides, CAC is out in the middle of nowhere and they charge a premium rate for shipping. Any price saving disappears to UPS if you don't live next door to them. They charge 50% more to ship wads one State away than Matt Woodson charges to ship cross country.

MK

18. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Last time I was at Richland shooter supply a few months ago there were limiting amount of primers you could buy.Call ahead before going out of your way........Don

19. AveragEd

Vern, Hiram's still wading through the back rooms(s) in search of a few things for me, too. But you know that good things take time and "hurry" isn't in his vocabulary...

Ed

20. AveragEd

If you get him out to the York County League shoots next year, let me know - I might tag along again.

How are the new guns shooting for you and Brenda?

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading stores in pa

reloading supplies in pa