1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading still works for me even with todays

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

prices. I just got back from the Mich. State Shoot. Pretty good prices on components. 8lb's of Claydot $79.95, Case of Downrange wads $65, Shot was $33.50, Wolf and RIO primers were $105. They also had some RIO shells for less than $50 a flat and Top Guns for $52.
    Using the above costs and the Reloading calculator on this site, a box of 1 1/8 oz 18gr. of Claydot costs me $3.84, same load with 1oz is $3.59.
    I still have lots of lead but did buy a case of Downrange wads and 16lb. of Claydot.
    Using this plus the stuff I have on hand I'm still getting good 1 1/8oz loads for $3.14 and 1 oz. for $2.95
    Glad to see prices dropping a little.

2. bkt

bkt TS Member

Have you shot the ClayDot? I was wondering if it is a nice clean-burn?? I am using Hodgdon Clays, and seem to have a nice clean barrel.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

With promo-type shells at $5+/Bx I'd still reload just to get the shells the way I like them. But being able to load at any discount makes the effort worthwhile.

Jay

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I agree. I sell reloading supplies with a competetive price. I see more and more shooters reloading again. I also sell factory ammo. When shot was $45 a bag and import ammo was $35 a flat, it paid to shoot the import. With shoy coming down, reloading is getting more popular!

Matt

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What about the money I save on my Therapist? LOL

Seriously, guys, I can load ammo I cannot buy. I load ammo as good as if not better than factory fodder.

Also, 28 ga ammo is very inexpensive to reload. I still use the little gun for new and petite shooters, and have been know to enjoy shooting it myself!

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

After 30+ years of reloading shotgun shells. I've found the recepies that work for me. Lots of trial and error. I would reload regardless of the cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.