1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading/shooting questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tarhawk, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

OK, just got done shooting Winter league (12 lines of Trap and 12 lines of Skeet) and I've noticed a few things you guys might like to comment on.

For Trap I shot a Beretta 682 Gold and for Skeet a Browning Citori. I reload both AA old style and STS green.

1. When I use new or once fired shells in my 682, I've noticed the following: AA's come out clean on the outside. STS's have a noticable "burn" mark on the outside of the shell. The burn mark goes about a third of the way down from the crimp.

2. After shooting, the Browning leaves a distinct firing pin mark in the center of the primer. The Beretta leaves a much smaller mark and it is noticably off to the side of center but I've had no misfires. I had the Beretta repaired a few years ago because in the middle of a line of Trap, the stock bolt broke.

I reload with Red Dot, CB wads, and Winchester primers

Are either of these two conditions something I should be concerned about?

Thanks.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Not until it misfires. Sounds like you have a firing pin hole that is oblonged on the one gun.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

If the burn marks are only with the 682 it may be that it's chamber is a tad oversize, the STSs are a little stiffer hull in the mouth area.Could also be a sign of low pressure, might try TGT wad (and-or) 1\2 gr. more powder. STAY WITH PUBLISHED DATA, as to firing pin question himark answered that quite well. Ross Puls

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

What on earth is a "line" of trap? Never heard that term, but I don't get out much...

cap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.