1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Room

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I am going to build one for new house or this one if it don't sell, so I would like some ideas. Especially if there was ONE thing that if you had yours to do over, you would surely do.

Size of room, bench, storage, humidity requirements (humidifier or dehumidifier), reloader mounts and any gadgets that are a must have.

Anything you can think of will be appreciated as I have not yet started reloading, but have the equipment. Please be somewhat budget-minded. Pictures would also be great.

Thank you.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I would like to do the same, personally im shooting for the entire basement.

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Just built reloading room /gunvault,specs are:16'x18',8 inch block,rebar every other hole in the block and filled with mortar to the basement ceiling and tucked into the floor joists,and 8 inch wire in every mortar joint between block.Solid core steel door with 8 inch door buck,clips every other course tied into block and door and door frame filled solid with mortar.Dead bolt for door lock,keyed both in and out so if you get in you have to try to get out,drill proof and no keys can be made legally.Walls coated with Dry-lock masonry sealer and floor done with pewter grey epoxy with two coats of clearcoat.Ceiling is diamond plate lag-bolted into floor joist so as to not be able to cut through floor from above and drop in.Under diamond plate is a real nice drop ceiling for a nice room finish.Dehumidified and seprate zone alarm for the door and motion detector for inside the vault.Gun racks run down two sides of the room,reloading bench at far end on wheels with locking casters for cleaning ease.Cabinets for loading supplies etc. on walls at ceiling height above gun racks.Small fridge for refreshments and a nice tv for entertainment.Decorated nicely with framed vintage gun ads from the 50's and 60's purchased from e-bay, and of course trophys and awards on walls as well.About 3000 bucks to complete this project with some sweat equity.Cheap when you price gunsafes.By the way I sold my safes to pay for this project. I sleep well at home and on the road......Don

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Humidify The room, in winter especially, to keep down static and help power flow.

Make it as big as you can afford (depending on how much you reload of course.)

Put a edge of trim or the like around the top edge to keep the spilled components from rolling onto the floor. Try to allow room for another loader in the future. Think about table top room for other add ons like shell feeders and hydraulics you may want to add down the road.

Never enough storage (at least when the cost of shot is within reason).

And enough wall space for all the trophys, buckles, and plaques you will win also.

There should be room for the computer also (hey it's your room).

Might as well put the gun safe there too.

These things may or may not happen but plan ahead and make it happen as you go along.

Rock

Jim

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

OH yeah, Jeff

6. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

From the looks of the cup on the right hand bench, you "SUPER SIZED" everything.

Nice set up.

Are all the hydraulic units hidden in the lower cabinets?

AJ100

7. teleskier

teleskier Member

There was a thread on here not too long ago on the same topic with tons of pictures of different set ups. Rooms, garages, basements etc etc.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

bigbore613

Must shoot a little bore gun also from the looks of all the reloaders set up.

fog

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Skeet shooter, probably a doctor, paid someone to build it.(JK) I like the little decorative molding touches. Wad bins are inventive, but commit you to huge amounts to use up.

I like the decoy display shelves, I see a duck gun or two in the foreground.

I would be less fancy witht he reloading and have a bench/vise etc for light duty smithing.

NIce room.
    HM

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Bigbore that room is insane! I have my loader aet up in MOMS garage. I cant get the space or time with reloader at home with the wife. What ya doing now? cant get nothing down with that

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

12. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

It's important to have a neat well organized loading bench. lol.

Jim

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Here is the rest of the gun room I built for a friend. There is over 40 sheets of 3/4 Oak plywood in the cabinets. Jeff

14. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

15. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

17. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

19. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member