1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Revelation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The re-sizing die on the Grabber is a 'consumable' wear-part. Replace it and you'll get another 10yrs of teflon-ish hulls.

Bob

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The 8567n 'Grabber' has the 'power ring' re-sizer (the same as the Jnr.) and not the collet, I believe.

The 650n, which many people mis-call a 'Grabber', has no re-sizing capabilities.

Bob

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

What makes the Grabber a "grabber" is the collet sizing station which "grabs" the head of the hull and resizes it. Been using one since 1980 and have only had to replace wad fingers and the crimp die.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Yup, my bad. I just looked at the exploded view. Thanks, Stan. Rev's collet needs adjusting or replacing.

Bob

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

goatskin

The 650 does INDEED have the capability to resize hulls. It is done as a separate operation with a sizing adaptor.

If the grabber has a collet, just clean, lube, and adjust it. If it's worn or broken, replace it. Measure the resized hull as a guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.