1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading Rem Sport Load hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by royboy, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royboy

royboy Member

Is anyone reloading Remington Sport Load hulls??
    Are they worth buying and reloading? How many times can you reload if any?

2. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

They are exactly the same as gun club hulls. Use Remingtion premier (STS, Nitro) data. I have some that I know have been reloaded at least 12 times or more.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Same as Gunclubs. They can be reloaded several times, evenmore than the STS. They pull a little harder through the reloader due to the ribbed plastic.

ec90t

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Yes, as the others have said, the Sport hull uses the same data as STS hulls (same goes for Gun Club and Game hulls). I can't tell you how many reloads as I haven't gotten the the point that the crimps have gotten trashed yet. After reload #4 I just marked the loads as Reloaded Many and so have lost count.

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Make sure to resize. Although the heads appear to be brass, I think that they are just brass colored steel.

Forrest

6. royboy

royboy Member

How many times can you reload the black game loads?
    Does the original shot produce a good pattern??

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

These hulls load as well as the Gun Clubs and seem to last about 3 or more loadings. Same data as STS and Gun Clubs. The 1oz factory load is pretty fast. They appear to be listed as 1290fps and I have chronographed these loads and they do perform as advertised. They do appear to pattern well when new, but it would depend on how your own gun performs with them. Be sure to resize these hulls, even if you only shoot them in your own gun. The steel heads to not spring back to size like a brass head does and can cause trouble. Also be careful that you don't confuse these with the UMC hulls, which are a Cheddite style hull, like the RIO and Kemen shells. They use different loading data, have oversized primer pockets, and I have seen some base wad migrations on the first firing.

8. royboy

royboy Member

Thanks for all the info !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading remington game load hulls

reloading remington sport load hulls

reloading remington sport loads

rem umc sport load

remington game load hull

remington sport load vs gun club hulls