1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading recipes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I received another mec 600jrmk5, The person was using 1 and 1 1/8 oz bars ,with no 30 bushing,promo powder ,noble sport primers, cb 1oz wads,1-1/8 aa wads, rem gun club and sts hulls. I went to mec but don't see anything listed for promo, any help and what he was using is this ok?/
    Thanks
    railroad

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Railroad----Go to Alliants web site. They have all the loading info needed for their powders which is what Promo is. If it ain't a published recipe, don't load it. I use Green Dot so i can't personaly tell you one way or another.---Matt

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Get a scale and weigh what the loader drops. The bushing list is only a guide to get you in the ball park. You could EASILY need to use a few sizes larger or smaller. Also, Promo will vary from lot to lot, so one jug will probably not give the same charge weights when used with the same bushing as the previous lot. If you do not have a scale and don't know how to use it or simply won't, then I STRONGLY suggest that you do not attempt to reload ANYTHING until you do. Alliant and Mec do not publish bushing charts for Promo, because of the wide variations possible.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Yeah, in either 1 or 1-1/8oz, they are 'reasonable' or 'within the range' or 'standard' loads.

Promo has Red Dot's performance, but is a little denser. NS primers are the same strength as Win209, and he was using Win L & SL wads.

Depending on a lot of mechanical things abt how solidly the machine is mounted, your speed of operation, vibration, ... a #30 bushing will drop 18-ish gn of Red Dot, and (probably) a couple more tenths of Promo.

Weigh a few drops, but it sounds like he was loading 1150fps 1-1/8oz and 1200fps 1oz.

Bob

5. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Thanks
    Reloading is still fun
    Railroad

6. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

7. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Checked the drop today fluctuating between 17.7 to 18.4, using hornady digital and a lee scale showing about the same.May look at a baffel and check the seal on the bottles today.

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

nsrailroad

Is the MEC grounded? Sometimes static charges can cause your problem. I don't know if you mentioned before.

By the way, I am into N as well, Got so much such in my basement hard to move around. Figure I'll buy my diapers and drugs with the money I make selling my collection on e-bay 20 years from now. Started collecting back in the 70's.

9. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

NO may try a powder baffle. Will try check and a few more things this week. The RR has slowed down alot this year, and last couple month very slow.
    Thanks
    Railroad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec reloading recipes

reloading recipes for trap shooting
trap reloading recipes