1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

1. page 8 of your owners manual. resizer ring should be 1/16th of inch of the plate with handle all the way down....are you going full down on each stroke.
    2. You need a good scale and check each bushing powder drop.
    3. Winchester AA hulls, winchester AA wads for 1 1/8oz
    4. YES
    5. I shoot remington game loads #6 for anything beyound the 27(do not do that to often though)
    6. NO
    7. NO
    That was fun

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

gmag, STOP! Before you load anymore you need to get a set of scales and some type of reloading manual, either Lymans or Reloading for shotgunners. The scale is a necessity and if need be get a freebee powder manual or atleast look at the Alliant website for info you are seeking.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I get the feeling your new to reloading ? If that is the case please do STOP . The very first thing you need is a good reloading manual read it and read it again . Then buy a Scale never ask anyone what to load without checking your MANUAL also . If not please don,t shoot next to me .

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Gary, Do Not Shoot those shells you loaded until you know what you loaded?? Go to Alliantpowder.com and check the components you used against a loads that they have listed. Check your powder drops to find out what you have loaded and make sure you are loading your future loads with the correct amount of powder. With Red Dot powder I hope you did not use the #32 bushing. This will be more than any load with that powder. #31 will be at top end of data for that powder. Powder drops vary with the machine and the amount of movement the machine gets from the user between powder drops so each will vary. You must buy a scale and use it to find out. #29 drops at 17.l grs. and #31 drops at 18.5 grs. and #32 drops at 19.2 grs of powder. These numbers are just starting points and will need to be fined tuned to you. Different primers and Wads will very the amount of powder you need to drop, as does the speed you want the load to travel at. so go find a load with the components you are useing.Try to keep the chamber pressures below 10,000 psi. when reloading.Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

gmag, I own a reloading supplies business and will help you anyway possible. Like stated earlier, DO NOT LOAD anything until you have a set of scales. If I can be any assistance contact me.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    (270) 804-5454

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.