1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shannon391, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I bought some winchester powder that calls for 20.9 grains to match the AA 1250.
    The only mec bushing I have is a #32 and it's throwing about 29 grains. What bushings should I pick up to get me closer to the weight i'm looking for?

I have not reloaded in four years and I always used clays powder. My supply of cheap AA's has depleted and I'm not going to pay $70 a flat.

Shannon

2. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Something is wrong. A #32 bushing shouldn't be anywhere near 29 grains. Are you sure your scale is working properly. Also possible the bushing is miss marked. I believe my #32 bushing throws somewhere around 20 grains. Be safe. Josh Andersen

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Shannon, I just looked at the bushing chart on Hodgdon.com, they got the contract to produce Win. powders now and info for Win. powders are on their site. I looked at the WST powder and they are calling for a #30 bushing to throw at 20.4 grs. and the #31 bushing to throw at 21 grs. Hope this helps you out and if you need more it is on their site. You did not list the type of powder you have. Also this is for a Mec reloader as well. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I'll check the scale. Thats what I remember clays powder weighing out of the same bushing. Does the new Winchester Handicap powder weigh that much more?

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I just cut two factory AA super Handicap shells and they weighed 21 grains.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I checked the mec bushing chart and they call for a 22-23 bushing for the WSH powder, hevy stuff I'm glad I weighed it.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Shannon, Its all there on the Hodgdon.com website. I just looked again and if you slide the bar over on the bottom it will show you the other three powders made by Win. Super Hanicap is #22 drops 20.4 grs. and #23 drops 21.2 grs. and WSF Powder is #21 drops 20.4 and #22 drops at 21.3. Hope I got the right one this time. Break-em all. Jeff

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jim- Your comment could also be expanded to include most shot bushings.

Pat Ireland

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Time to plunk down $35 on a Universal Charge Bar, get a lesson from Bob Dodd on how to use it, and don't look back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.