1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerry61, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry61

Jerry61 TS Member

I am trying to load 7/8 oz loads in a STS shell. The Alliant formula indicates Remington TGT 12 wads. The only ad that I could find locally are Remington TGT 12S. Are these wads inter-changable?

How do you get in touch with anyone at Remington. When I google them I get Remington.com as their web address. When i try to go there I get a website not found.

Thanks, Jerry Haack

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The link above will give your their contact information.

TGT-12s wads are just TGT-12 wads with the petals stitched together, supposedly to facilitate reloading. Interchangable

Morgan

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jerry: I have loaded 7/8 oz loads using the Tgt -12 wads. No problem. I found I had to adjust the crimp a little, but they worked fine. As stated the Tgt-12S denotes that the petals are stitched. Ed

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If you don't want to adjust your crimp from where you have it set for 1oz and 1 1/8oz loads, use Federal 12S0 wads instead. Much more consistent in an STS hull (for 7/8oz loads only). See Alliant manual for details.

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Jerry:

Down Range makes a wad specifically for 7/8 oz loads and works great in the STS hull. I have been using this wad for a couple of months now, and it absolutely crushes targets at 16 yard. Load I use is STS hull, Down Range 7/8 oz (pink) wad, Win 209 primer, and 17.1 grains Hogdon Clays. Good for 1200 FPS. Since the Down Range wad is made for the 7/8 oz load, there is no problem with crimps at all. Patterns in my Beretta are very even. Note that this wad uses the same loading data as the Winchester WAA12SL wad, so loads are easy to find.

Jim R

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

TGT12 TGT12s same wads, TGT12s pedals are stiched. Yes I do believe it helps in the reloading process. THe stiched wads fit nice on the wad quide do not slip and I no wad quide problems. With the non stiched I have to hold the wad as a pull handle down to start the wad true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are tgt 12 wads softer shooting than waa12sl wads

tgt 12 vs waa12sl

waa12sl vs tgt12
will tgt 12s replace waa12sl