1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bens gun, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bens gun

Bens gun TS Member

i have been reloading sts hulls using green dot ,1 1/8 loads win 209, fig 8 .my question is i got a case or rem. tgt 12 s wads they indicate 1 oz or 1 1/8 in sts, nitros 27, gun clubs . got a good deal on the tgt 12 s rem. wads. is why i changed to the tgt 12 s, will they work same as fig. 8 thanks for your responce.

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Most likely yes,,,,,,, You do not indicate powder charge. You should be able to within in a reasonable amount of time research that load in the powder books or even on line..

Good luck

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Well the answer is a qualified yes, they may require a denser powder as that is what they were originally designed for. Some get by adding a little more wad pressure. The main difference is total length, so if you collapse the wad a little more than you did with the fig.8s you "may" be OK, they may have a tendency to want to open a little if your hulls have a few miles on them. That said I have used them for 1&1\8 oz, back when I shot 1&1\8 I now use them for 7\8 with "0" wad pressure. Ross Puls

4. 548

548 Guest

I also load 1 1/8 oz loads in the STS hull. I purchased a couple cases of the TGT12 wads a few years ago and I'm just finishing them off. They work just fine. I use Clays powder, and to tell you the truth, the shell is way full when it gets to the crimp stage. Occasionally I need a vacuum close by :). The best thing to do would be to save these wads for your 16yd load and only load 1 1/16 oz shot. Or use a powder like Titegroup. You use so little Titegroup that there is more room in the shell.

5. Bens gun

Bens gun TS Member

Thanks for your help !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.