1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stokinpls, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Clays, 700X, Claydot

Win209s

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Use Promo Powder with Winchester Primers.
    Don

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What powders and primers are available in your area? Could name powders and primers but if they also ain't available it won't help. Let us know what you can get and it shouldn't be hard to come up with similar loads.

Matt

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Promo powder is a direct replacement for Red Dot by weight. For a primer replacement, I'd look to Nobel Sports if my load was a low pressure load.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

stokinpls hit the nail on the head. All the items should be easy to acquire and are good quality products.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Cheddite primers are equal to Winchester and considerably cheaper if you don'd doing business with the French.

7. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't know where you are located, but Google-Recobs target shop. They have good component prices and some of the best availability and they combine powder and primer Haz-Mat. A few of the guys and I, at the club get together a couple times a year and share the Haz-Mat and freight charges. Bill

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If you buy from Bass Pro, Cabelas, Scheels and the like you will be paying a VERY high price for you components.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

When you say direct replacement I don't know that you will find another combo that will work with out bushing changes (charge adjustment). If you mean similar performance then there are lots of options.

Promo will work like Red Dot but has somewhat variable density specs so you generally need to change powder bushings when you switch from RD to Promo.

CLAYS and 700x are two other great powders that have similar applications to Red Dot but agian they have their own sets of loading data. (not direct replacements)

Primer changes also need to be considered by reviewing published loading data. There really are no direct substitutions there. But if you follow the published loading data for your given primer and powder choices, most primers will do an excellent job for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.