1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Help.
    I have 2 mec 650's one set up for 1oz and one set up for 1 1/8.

Here is my issue. I am loading once fired rem nitro's with 20.5 greendot
    tgt 12 and 7 1/2 shot. I have loaded 1000's of shells all the way back to the 70's so I an not a newbee.

My shells now, before the last station, have a single shot in the center of the crimp that I can flick out. How do I get back to loading shells that look like new ones like I use to. Which station(s) do I adjust.
    thanks
    mike t

2. neofight

neofight TS Member

I don't think i can help you since i use a PW and am new to this myself, but it seems i remember that the crimp station is where you make the adjustment, a small adj. on the nut on the shaft. The Mec owners will be jumping in momentarily and all will be revealed.

Get ready, here they come.......

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

bet you have some wear in the arms that slide the crimp finisher, elongated holes etc

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Neo fight remembers pretty good. lower the crimp starter just a smidgen and it should close the pin hole you are talking about. I have noticed that on sts shells, the case length isn't as consistent as they were years ago so dont be surprised if you get a swirl on the hulls that are a little longer. I set mine up for the old style aa hulls and let the rest fall where they may. I had rather see a little swirl on a few shells than have a bb or two trying to get out of the shell before i fire it Hope this helps you.

Bob

5. RAScott

RAScott Member

Try the first crimp station, lower it. I had a similar problem and station 1 did the trick . You can download the trouble shooting pages from mec I believe.

Bob S

6. mike T

mike T Member

o.k I lowered the crimp starter and that fixed it. I have been loading downrange red wads with out any trouble. just trying to clean up a few odd lots of wads. I prefer to used downrange wads
    thanks for your help
    mike t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.