1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading question with mec 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I have a 9000 with auto mate and I have been reloading AA, STS and Nitro but as you know each one of these shells have just enough difference to change the depth of the final crimp . AA are perfect but the green sts crimp is concave. Nitro not as bad. My question is does the concave crimp effect the performance of the shells? I hate to mess with it if it doesn't. Eventually, I will not reload any AA but need to use up the ones I have first.When I change over to all Rem I will adjust the crimp to a shallower depth. TY

2. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Oh that's true in so many ways. My father being of the utmost anal would continually fook with the loader. Get it to where no lead is falling out of each type of and let'er buck. That's the nice feature of a mec. Smack 24 25 all day on shells that leave a little to be desired in the crimp department.

Brady

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I removed all wad pressure completely. I set the wad just far enough where the top of the shot is below the crimp line of the hull. I let the crimping station take care of setting the wad.

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.