1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Question regarding TightGroup

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever discussed with Hodgdon Powder regarding using 1 oz. Instead of 1 1/8 oz. With AA hulls,17.4 TightGrp, Win primer.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Charlie,

Depending on what wad you choose, that data is on their website.

They list that load with both TGT-12s wads and WAA12SL wads.

3. Charlie Becknell

I guess I wasn't clear on my question, I was sending it on my mobile phone and I type poorly. What I woudl like to know is if anyone has communicated with Hodgdon about using the 1 oz. AA wad instead of 1 1/8 oz. wad. I find my crimps are caved in using Titegrp powder with the shorter 1 1/8 oz. wad. I am loading 1 1/8 oz. of shot.

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I have not communicated directly with Hodgdon, but when the "new" Nitro 27 came out Remington was using TiteGroup and Rem TGT12 wad for the 1 1/8 oz load. Now they are using a wholesale version and tailor the data to the lot of powder.

If you look at the Rem TGT12,the shot cup will fit 1 1/8 oz of shot. That would be my choice of the wad to use with 1 1/8 oz of shot. Also, if loading 17.4 grs TiteGroup, Win AA hull, Win 209 and the Rem TGT12 wad; I would have the load tested for pressure and velocity. If just loading the up, I would go 1 bushing less or closer to 16.9 grs of TiteGroup.

Jason

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Use the TGT-12 wad Green from Remington and if the crimp doesn't close enough bring down you're starter crimp and it will close it up watch that the crimp doesn't start looking like a curve when the shell is done if so back it up a bit.

My load for 1 oz with Titegroup is 16.1-16.3 TGT-12 Rem 209p primer sts hullworks great.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Charlie, Why is your l l/8 oz. wad shorter than your one oz. wad??? They should be the same overall lenth!!! What wads are you using for both your one oz, and your l l/8 oz loads??? Break-em all. Jeff

7. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Charlie,
    Yes, use the 1 1/8 wad with TightGroup
    Dicksie Spolar

8. Charlie Becknell

I have been using Down Range Wads. It will work with the AA replacement wad for 1 1/8 but when I ran a couple through with the 1 oz. wad it looked much better.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I used the claybuster clone of the 1oz. win AA wad for years with TiteGroup. I loaded both 1-1/8th oz and 1-1/16th oz and the crimps were fine. No worries. The TiteGroup powder is pretty compact so you need a longer compression section to fill the extra room. Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.