1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Buster, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Buster

Browning Buster TS Member

I have a Mec Hustler hydraulic reloader. When I reload I am getting a lot of dud shells. It goes in spurts I will have a bunch that work just fine but then I will get five or 6 right in a row that are complete duds and I don't know why. I was wandering if anyone might know what is causing this problem and could suggest how to fix it?

Thanks,
    AJ

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

AJ: Define "duds". If they don't go off at all, it is the primer. Is the primer dented? If so is the dent light or heavy? You might be seating the primer too deep. Anyway, need more info on the "duds". Ed

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

sounds like the charge bar is not coming all the way back to the right side, ck to see if it is clean and the bar moves freely. the way I've found to clean the measure and charge bar is hot soapy water {dawn} works best, dry and use a lemon pledge wipe to wipe the inside of the measure and the charge bar down and put it back together and it's slick as butter. now ck the linkage for the bar and make sure it moves freely. I would not think it is not powder bridging in the drop tube or you would have a over charge but you can wipe the inside of the drop tube with the same pledge wipe. See if these things help and if you need any more help you may call me at 423-743-9233.

thanks
    lee

4. Browning Buster

Browning Buster TS Member

When I say duds I mean there is enough power to make the wad clear but it and the shot might hit the back of the trap house if I am lucky.

AJ

5. Beni

Beni Member

Make sure you dont have an o ring or brass washer out of place constricting powder drop Beni

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

With what you describe, it is apparent that your charge bar is not cycling correctly. I would do as "birddog" advised. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.