1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading press adjustment?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I have a Star 38 cal. reloading press. I would like to adjust the primer seating depth. I do not have an instruction manual or sufficient number of brain cells to figure it out on my own. Can you help. Thank you. HMB

2. Mudshark

Mudshark TS Member

The primer depth is adjusted by moving the rod to the left of the resizing die up or down. This rod pushes on a lever under the base of the machine to seat the primers. Used to use my Star machine a lot. Haven't shot pistol much since my eyes went South.
    Mudshark

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help Mudshark. I mounted a Tasco Pro Point Red dot on my pistol to take care of the eye problem. The only problem now is making enough shells. Shooting steel plate matches burns up alot of ammo. HMB

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If that loader ever fails you permanently, HMB, I can attest to the remarkable performance of either the Dillon Square deal for pistols only or the 550B for pistol and rifle ammo. I had the 550B and had a separate loading turret for .38, .357, .45ACP, .257 Ackley Improved, and M1-Carbin just so I could switch calibers quickly and never had a serious problem of any type; also, guaranteed for your life regardless of what happens to it.....Bob Dodd

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I made the adjustment and the primers are seated just right now. HMB

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

HMB,

Do you find shooting steel more or less expensive than shooting trap. Personally, I find it alot cheaper...especially if you make your own ammo. I find that the matches cost far less to enter...and typically there is a more laid back crowd at the pistol matches I have been to.

Forrest

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Forrest,

You are right on all counts. Plus equipment is a lot less expensive. Our range has covered firing points and is heated in the winter. It's also fun to watch and the awards are great. HMB

8. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

I have a .45 ACP Star press I have been thinking about selling, if you know anyone looking for one..............

Ric C.

9. chrisg

chrisg Member

Ric C.
    Could you email details about your star press.....how much,any acc. and stuff like that.
    xxxnuthinbutdust@yahoo.comxxx remove x's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.