1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Non-Toxic Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gold40, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gold40

gold40 Member

Does anyone want to share their experience in reloading non-toxic non-steel shot for older shotguns?

I'm interested in what brands and sources/vendors you selected for shot, wads, etc. Like most of you, I have lots of Winchester AA hulls to use up. I want to use these loads in older American SxS's that have modified and/or full chokes -- and were made long before steel shot existed.

I'm finding more hunting locations that prohibit lead shot. A new pheasant load is the top priority. Factory non-toxic shells are hard to find, and cost over $3 each.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

gold40

2. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

I have had excellent results with NiceShot. It's almost like shooting lead except for the cost per shot. Niceshot is soft so its safe in older guns. I've used it in my M12,a couple of DA's, and my 16's. As for data and components you just use your lead data and components, allowing a 1500psi buffer from max. I use AA hull, 11/8 AA claybuster wad, win primer, and 540 powder for my 12ga loads.

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

non toxic shot for reloading

non toxic shot reloading for sale
non toxic shotshell reloading for 28 ga