1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading machine

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gentle Ben, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gentle Ben

Gentle Ben TS Member

Hi all, Im new to trap shooting and want to buy a reloading machine. I have looked on the net but it seems that everyone has very nice reloading machines. So i thought I'd go to the source. I am willing to pay for a good machine. Also looking for a BT99 or BT100. Any suggestions or deals on guns would be really appriciated Thank for your time and you all Take Care Mark

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

you got your wish........

just down the page are a MEC 9000G and a BT100 for sale.

lucky you.

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Hey Mark

Check them out at the URL above.

Frank

4. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Mark, not avoiding your question, but if there's a club where you shoot or plan to do your trapshooting, best way to do it is start asking around there until you find one or two people who reload, who'll help you pick a machine and who'll then help you set it up and get started, with tips, recipes & startup components. That's what a friend did for me, and I've done for others. Hopefully you won't find a shark who's trying to dump an old machine on you. A nice BT-99 or BT-100 would be a purchase you'd never regret. Phil E

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I agree with phil if in your budget go right to 9000g It can load just one shell at a time until you get the hang of it. You could even disconect the auto index if needed

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In addition to the MEC 9000g, the Hornady 366 is anotehr good choice.

These can often be found used, in good condition. Very robust.

7. oz

oz Active Member

I have a mec 9000 and a ponsness warren 2000. like the ponsness better and they are on sale now. check with doug whiton (dealer). oz

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

If you start with a 9000G you will never need to go to a 9000H later. You loose the crucial "feel" when using a hydraulic unit. There are things that go on while pulling the handle that your hand will notice that could indicate a problem. This is not the case with a 9000H. They ain't worth the extra money either. If you are going to spend that type of money, buy the Dillon. Guaranteed for life. Yours, your kids, your grand kids.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.