1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reloading Kemens

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Been throwing these away for 2 years, tried reloading a couple, looked fine. who's data do you use? Thanks

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who's data did you use?

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Use Cheddite data in the reloading manuals. its need a larger primer like a Noble Sport or Rio. Been loading them for years. Load once and throw them away.

Tom

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

These are TERRIBLE HULLS. Do not load them. Send them to me, postage paid. LOL

Nobels work in the Kemen. I prefer the hotter Rio, when available. Load them once with Cheddite data, and toss. 12SO, 12S3 and their clones perform best.

Actually, they load great. :^)

5. johnpe

johnpe Member

When both Rio and Kemen hit the market at American Shooting Center in Houston, I got one of each, disassembled them, weighed the powder and shot, and checked the shot size and hardness. They are were as close as two peas in a pod as one could get. They had the exact same hull, wad, shot size, shot deformation upon crushing, powder weight, and as far as I could tell by looks and measurement, the primers were the same. It looks like at least that lot of Kemen was loaded by Rio.

Using Cheddite primers, they load fine. I use data for light (lower pressure) loads with Federal hulls.

Johnpe

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Rio and Kemens are made by the same company. UEE is one of the worlds largest ammo manufacturer. They make many of the shells we use.

The european ammo makers are very different from the US. In Europe very few people make all the components like the Big 3 here. All the hulls are nearly the same as most manufacturers buy from Cheddite. The manufacturers then buy wad from one source and powder from another and assembly the load. So a case from Rio or Kemen or Wolf or even some of the Fiochi's are all the same and can be reloaded the same. Even the B&P Gordon System case has he same internal dimensions and can be reloaded right along side the others.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
do kemen and rio use the same primer
kemen powder

kemen reloading data