1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reloading info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigeon101, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

I came across about 4 lbs of Winchester 473AA powder at a family members home.
    I can not find any reloading data for this powder.
    Who has used this powder and what is a good recipe for standard 1oz loads.
    I know I could be a mad scientist and start low at about 16-16.5 grs and go from there.
    Here is what I have
    STS/NITRO hull, tgt12 wad, cheddite primer or AA hull, windjammer lightning wad
    cheddite primer.
    Just looking for a good practice load thats all.

Jason in SW/PA

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

pigeon101:

The data provided by 85TTR is correct for the 1 1/8 ounce load cited but you asked about one ounce loads.

Winchester didn't publish one ounce data for 473AA. Their one ounce loads from that era specified the faster burning 452AA powder.

sissy

3. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

I think Tom Ceretto listed some formulas for this powder in the new issue of NSSA magazine this month. I don't have the magazine with me here at work or I would send you a copy of the article. Maybe you could find a copy of it at your local club.

m

4. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

This is a great powder for 20's Win use to say that it was the same powder they used in their factory 20 target loads.

I was sorry that they stopped making this powder.

Ron

5. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Thankyou for the data info on the powder. I will be playing with the charge a little on the light side of .23 grns maybe even a little less than that.
    Just don't want pressures to high but don't want any squib loads eighter.
    Thanks Again.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.